Devotion – Cheri Munske, Watercolor and Beeswax Crayon; 9” x 12”
In this issue:
- The Intellect and Meditation: Opportunities During the Holy Nights and Beyond:
The thirteen Holy Nights, from Christmas to Epiphany (December 25-January 6), can be seen as an especially important time to deepen our meditative life, taking up in earnest the task of the fifth post-Atlantean epoch, to grasp the essence of Christ, to experience “Not I, but Christ in me.” What is at work at this particular time of the year? Rudolf Steiner tells us that “…the forces of the Christ-Impulse can in those days particularly influence human souls, if only they are open to receive them.” Dr. Steiner also answers the question, “What must I do out of the ego when I am meditating?”
- VAXXED, a documentary, reviewed by Dr. Kellum, with a sheet of resources:
Dr. Philip Incao, an Anthroposophical MD, has offered lectures in our community about how we develop immunity, the functions of disease, and about vaccinations in that context. Following up on the interest that he generated, Dr. Kellum,was instrumental in bringing the ground-breaking movie VAXXED to a Portland theater.
“For anyone with an open heart and an open, critical, mind, the well documented movie “Vaxxed” is a real game changer in the vaccination debate.”
- Save the Dates: These are branch sponsored events only. For more see the Calendar.
– Holy Nights Readings: Dec. 26 through Jan. 6
– Portland Branch Annual Meeting/Potluck Feb. 5, 12-3pm
– Solar Eclipse w/Oliver Conradt 8/19-21
– Dr. Jaap van der Wal 8/29-9/2
– Thomas Meyer 10/26-30
- Angel Project: In response to the intensity of the times Laura Summer wondered what she could do to help, to offer what our culture needs. She has begun a project that she invites you to take part in, art which stimulates wondering about the spirit – in the accessible and familiar form of angels – which is to be distributed widely in the form of cards. Please submit images, text, quotes, poems. She has created the first card, Earth Angel, with the quote from Paul Klee, “Art does not reproduce the visible, it makes visible.” This card is currently available for distribution. www.freecolumbia.org
- Holy Nights Schedule
- Calendar of the Soul: A transposition by Stefan Schwabe, recast in cadence and tenor into our current English, to bring to our appreciation their strength and spirituality in terms of today’s thinking, feeling and willing
- Newsletter Contacts and List of Members
- Community Sketch Group: Patricia Lynch offers a look into the activity and experiences of the group that has been working with Rudolf Steiner’s nine training sketches for painters. The group’s research will be on display at the Art Hall at Cedarwood School, with a short presentation and opportunity to meet the artists on January 13, 5-7:30 pm.
- Valerie Miles: Working Out of Anthroposophy
- Light, by David Spangler
- Tonight by the Fire, as I Stroke Your Silver Hair,poem by Dr. Robert Kellum
- We Stand About Here Idly, poem by Christian Morgenstern
- The Electronic Doppelganger: The Mystery of the Double in the Age of the Internet, book review by Christopher Guilfoil
- Portland Branch Calendar and listing of ongoing activities and study groups
- Sponsors Page: Thanks to our sponsors for supporting our work! Please support them in return.
- Transformative Arts Presents: The Madonna Series, Tuesday, January 3
- Art Hall Exhibit, Regional Sketch Group, presentation January 13, exhibit through January 24
- Dr. Philip Incao, the Courage to Heal, the Will to Heal, Friday, April 14
- Jaap Van der Wal, The Embryo in Us, August 30-September 2