Paintings in the April Newsletter are by Patricia Lynch
In this issue:
Festivals and the Mysteries: The Adonis Mystery – the Easter Thought, Rudolf Steiner April 19, 1924
We may be surprised to learn that Easter was originally observed in the Autumn, and to discover what it was that changed in humanity that necessitated it becoming Springtime experience. We will explore together at our Easter observance.
- Calendar of the Soul: A transposition by Stefan Schwabe, recast in cadence and tenor into our current English, to bring to our appreciation their strength and spirituality in terms of today’s thinking, feeling and willing
- Eurythmy,a poem by Wes Burch
- Total Eclipse of the Sun, articles by Dr. Oliver Conradt and Mary Stewart Adams, presenters at our August eclipse conference. See flier and registration on our website or in this newsletter.
- Save the Dates: see sidebar at right.
- Newsletter Contacts and List of Members
- Eclipse Housing Urgently needed:
As hotels are already booked by people coming from all over the world, we are hoping that community members will open their houses at a reasonable rate to out of towners attending the August 19-21 workshop and make a little extra money in the process. Contact Christine Badura, [email protected]
- Housing Needed for Summer Eurythmy Conference: Portland Eurythmy is putting out a call for free or nearly free housing and/or transportation for participants in the course August 4-13. Contact Meta Bruner, 503-200-0888 or [email protected]
- Call to Artists from Patricia Lynch, who is seeking work from local artists for the newsletter, and encouraging acquisition of original art by community members.
- Living Connections: The first public event on meditation at the Goetheanum, July 7-9
- The Wind that Wanted to Rest,
a performance by Portland Eurythmy, April 8, 3 pm, Cedarwood School
- The Lord’s Prayer – How Can I Become Worthy to Pray It? This prayer was central to Rudolf Steiner’s own practice, and his work is filled with indications about what we must bring to prayer in general, and to this prayer in particular, to be effective in accomplishing our aims.
- Portland Branch Calendar and listing of ongoing activities and study groups
- Sponsors Page: Thanks to our sponsors for supporting our work! Please support them in return.
- Eurythmy Performance – April 8
- Easter Observance – April 15
- Art Hall, Katie Montgomery, Photos/Bees – 4/27-6/1
- Dr. Philip Incao, The Courage to Heal, the Will to Heal – April 14-15
- Dr. Philip Incao, Cosmic Nutrition – April 15
- Technology & the Human Body – June 16-17
- Total Solar Eclipse Experience with Oliver Conradt, and Mary Stewart Adams – August 19-21 – register
- Jaap Van der Wal, The Embryo in Us – 8/30-9/2
General comments and questions, (or email [email protected]) Submit an event for the calendar | Submit an article to the newsletter